Ahead of Bart's Bash on the 19th of September we are running a days race coaching on the river for the Cadets. Race coaching focuses on developing racing skills as opposed to working towards RYA Training Levels. Each group will be lead by an RYA approved race coach.
The cost of this days training is £10 per cadet, which as last year will be donated to the Andrew Simpson Foundation which aims to facilitate a wider participation in sailing.
We have no control on the weather so cadets will need appropriate clothing for the potential conditions, if you are unsure what you will need ask. Cadets that turn up with inadequate clothing may not be allowed to sail.
Note this is a non catered event, please bring your own packed lunch and lots of cake.
We will be running the following groups, subject to numbers and coach availability. All groups will be on the river:
- Start Racing Optimists Suitable for Optimist sailors from Lilt and Oppie Tango group
- Start Racing Toppers/Teras Suitable for Topper / Tera Sailors from Topper Tango
Optimist MG This group will be lead by an RYA coach and will focus on developing racing skills, inclusion in this group is by invitation. Cadets must have their own boat to take part in this group
- Topper/Tera MG This group will be lead by an RYA coach and will focus on developing racing skills, inclusion in this group is by invitation. Cadets must have their own boat to take part in this group
- Cadets wanting to sail a Topper must be a minimum age of 11 and at least 35kgs for a Topper with a 4.2 rig.
- Laser MG This group will be lead by an RYA coach and will focus on developing racing skills, inclusion in this group is by invitation. Cadets must have their own boat to take part in this group
Feva MG RYA Coach led race coaching for Feva sailors, the coaches will be covering the same subjects as the Laser coaching described above. This will be taking place on the river and you must have your own boat or have reserved one of the two club Fevas that can be used on the river, in addition to join this group you must have a designated helm and crew ahead of the training weekend. The group will be focusing on developing their racing skills. Sailors wanting to join this group should have as a minimum their RYA Level 3 and have completed at least one season racing in Toppers or Fevas.
To make our training weekends a success we need the parents of cadets to help out over the weekend. We have a range of duties to choose from, all the duties with the exception of the galley require parents/guardians to be willing to get wet to at least the waist (you will need suitable clothing not supplied) and you will be required to help launch/move boats around. Please complete the form with your preferred duty.
Please do not book places for cadets other than those you are guardians for.
Children under the age of 12 and those attending their first training event at Blackwater must have an adult on site at all times.
Please pay by bank transfer to the club bank account quoting your billing group reference (on your invoice) AND the word Cadet (eg H092cadet, A002cadet etc).
Club Bank account details: Sort code 40-31-35 A/c no: 30132926
Your place can only be confirmed following receipt of payment.
Registration for this event closes on the 7th of September